Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where does the time go?







Since I last blogged the pictures you see have been replaced by green leaves on trees and primroses, iris and peonies. Pictures come in next blog.
We had a few days of summer with day temps in the 90's and nights in the upper 60's which brought everything rushing out. Fruit trees bloomed and daffodils faded quickly. It was very hot working in the garden as there was no shade. Now the weather is back to normal and working is more pleasant. Is is so beautiful that I have to take time each day just to admire. Since my garden has been evolving over the course of 30 years it now tells me what to do- where certain plants live and thrive, some too aggressively, and others beg to be moved to a location more to their liking.
I had great fun last week making mozarella, ricotta with herbs from my garden and pizza using a no knead technique from a new cookbook. the mozarella was fantastic on the pizza. I can't wait for fresh tomato and basil season to make caprese. I also made foccacia with rosemary. If I can't go to Italy I can bring the food to me.

1 comment:

  1. Good pictures plus the good article certainly made this segment amazing.Keep it up!

    yoga

    ReplyDelete