Wednesday, March 10, 2010

life in the fast lane


I started a new post because I couldn't upload another picture. I just figured it out.
Monday I went to a piltes class with Treva as she then had to take me for my massage that was my birthday/xmas present. I was nervous about the pilates but I could do most of it. It works almost exclusivly on your core.
Then we went off into the jungle to find the massage house. There are no road signs and all dirt roads but Nick's directions were good. We made one false turn but eventually climbed this steep hill and then a long path till we came to a beautiful house out of wood and thatch looking out over the ocean. It was all open no windows. It was built by Daniel and his wife who gave the massage. The massage room was a separate building with a lovely altar with Kuan Yin. Daniel looked like a nelson countier, bearded grey hair and knows all the plants. He loaned me a book so I could identify some of the plants here.
The massage was lovely, nice energy from Lisa and she used YL oils! It was a great present.
After that Treva had to work on the interior of the spa and then she and Astrid had their nails done-it meant that Treva had to be really careful doing the painting or she would mess up her fancy nails.
Nick and I cooked dinner so we could be at the store by dark for the project mentioned on the last post.
Yesterday I took the golf cart to go to yoga as Treva teaches at the school and Nick was surfing. That was a big adventure for me as I hadn't driven one before. I didn't get lost going to yoga and it's quite easy to drive so that was a relief.
Yoga and pilates are held is this big palapa overlooking the ocean and the town. Incredibly beautiful,hopefully I'll take pictures there tomorrow. the yoga class was lovely nice guy Jim an Anusara teacher but with some Iyengar background. I liked the class immensely. Few people, old yoga mats and a few blankets blocks and straps. It was a treat for me to go to a class. Thanks Michael. Classes are expensive 15$ per class just like home. But to feel the breeze and hear the ocean- wow.
Last night party for Astrid. Gaby, Andrea and son Max who is not quite 2 and just adorable. Great dinner,miso soup,salad of rice noodles cabbage and pineapple and mango, nick made sushi with shrimp. Desert was a fantastic tres leches chocolate cake from the bakery across from the school. I'll post pics.
We're about to leave for the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment